The MSL60122 Advanced Diploma of Laboratory Management credential encompasses the competencies and understanding necessary to oversee laboratory operations within a specific work domain or project team. Typically, individuals in Senior Technician or Laboratory Supervisor roles are tasked with planning, task allocation, coordination, quality assurance, documentation, and reporting of laboratory outcomes within their respective department. This requires a considerable degree of discretion in determining work sequences, as well as selecting the appropriate technology and procedures to ensure that products and services meet customer expectations and are delivered in a safe and efficient manner in alignment with the organisation’s business strategy.
Working under the general guidance of scientists, medical professionals, or engineers, senior technicians or supervisors assume responsibility for the day-to-day functioning of their work area. Furthermore, they frequently bear the responsibility for effectively putting into practice operational guidelines and providing technical training to personnel within their area of responsibility. They also make substantial contributions to shaping these guidelines through the application of their specialised technical expertise.
MSL60122 is geared towards individuals in roles such as Laboratory Supervisors, Senior Technical Officers, and similar.
This qualification consists of ten (10) units of competency, of which there are six (6) core units and four (4) electives.
– MSL916011 Develop and maintain laboratory documentation
– MSL916012 Manage and develop teams
– MSL916013 Supervise laboratory operations in work or functional area
– MSL916014 Maintain compliance in work or functional area
– MSL936005 Maintain quality system and continuous improvement processes within work or functional area
– MSL946003 Implement and monitor WHS and environmental management systems
– MSL915004 Schedule laboratory work for a small team
– MSL924005 Process and interpret data
– MSL934009 Apply quality system and continuous improvement processes
– MSL935008 Monitor the quality of test results and data
Competency based training has a flexible duration. Learners are provided theory content consisting of reading content, videos and formative assessment activities. Trainers then visit on-site to provide further practical training, issue the summative assessment, conduct practical observations and discuss your progress with your supervisor.
Fill out the form below, and we will be in touch shortly.