The MSL20118 Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a range of sampling and measurement activities as part of laboratory, production or field operations in the construction, manufacturing, resources and environmental industry sectors.
Employment outcomes targeted by this qualification include samplers and testers, production personnel, plant operators, production operators, field assistants, drivers, sample couriers and many others.
This qualification consists of eight (8) units of competency, of which there are four (4) core units and four (4) electives.
Competency based training has a flexible duration. Learners are provided theory content consisting of reading content, videos and formative assessment activities. Trainers then visit on-site to provide further practical training, issue the summative assessment, conduct practical observations and discuss your progress with your supervisor.
ABC Training and Consulting have developed a series of Qualification Streams which include the
required Core units of competency for this qualification and a selection of elective units of competency
that we believe are best suited to school students and also within our ability to train and assess. We
will work with schools to ensure that students are enrolled into an appropriate stream.
– MSL912001 Work within a laboratory or field workplace (induction)
– MSL922001 Record and present data
– MSL943004 Participate in laboratory or field workplace safety
– MSMENV272 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
– MSL952001 Collect routine site samples
– MSL972001 Conduct routine site measurements
– MSL973013 Perform basic tests
– MSL933008 Perform calibration checks on equipment and assist with its maintenance
You may be able to access funding for this qualification to help offset the cost of the fees. Refer to the tabs below to see if there are any funding options available in your state. Please contact ABC Training to assist with Eligibilty for State & Federal Funding.
Fee Table can be viewed here ABC Training & Consulting Fee Table